HIE Adoption - Data Exchange Incentive Program (DEIP)
About the Program
The New York State Department of Health (DOH), with support from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), has established the Data Exchange Incentive Program (DEIP) to increase HIE adoption across the State for Medicaid providers.
Building EHR interfaces to New York State Qualified Entities (QEs) will increase the quantity of data in the Statewide Health Information Network for New York (SHIN-NY) and build value for the providers and patients at the point of care. Participating organizations are incentivized to contribute a pre-defined set of data elements to the SHIN-NY through a QE. This program is designed to help defray the cost for an organization when connecting to their local QE.
New York eHealth Collaborative is coordinating the rollout of the program and the incentive payments on behalf of the State Department of Health. Limited funding is available, and this program is operated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Data Exchange Incentive Program (DEIP) Informational Webinar
Eligibility Criteria for the Data Exchange Incentive Program
DEIP is open to the following organizations and providers:
- Organizations with at least one provider that has attested to and been paid under the Medicare or Medicaid MU program (any year, any stage)
- Long-Term Care providers (Article 28 nursing homes, Article 36 home care agencies & Article 40 hospice facilities)
- Behavioral Health providers (OMH, OASAS, and HCBS designated providers)
An organization must:
- Have a Certified EHR system
- Have at least one provider that accepts Medicaid (Fee-For-Service (FFS) or Medicaid Managed Care)
- Contribute specific data elements to the SHIN-NY (e.g. demographics, medications, labs, allergies)
*program specifics are available from QEs and NYeC
- Meet other program-specific criteria related to the organization type and eligibility
Incentive funding is $13,000 per organization.
- Milestone 1: Becoming a Participant of a QE
- Milestone 2: Ability to receive Summary of Care and contribute clinical data to the QE
In order to receive funding, all milestones must be completed by September 30th, 2018.
DEIP Enrollment and Attestation Process
Providers and organizations interested in DEIP should contact their local Qualified Entity (QE)/RHIO to get started. QEs will:
- Provide the necessary enrollment and attestation forms
- Confirm eligibility in accordance with program requirements
- Answer questions
- Provide you with more information on QE services
Once completed, QEs will submit the enrollment/attestation forms to NYeC on your behalf.
QE Contacts for DEIP