Advanced Primary Care (APC)
About the Program
The Advanced Primary Care (APC) initiative is a part of New York’s ongoing work to transform healthcare delivery and shift towards value-based care. Focused on small and medium practices who are struggling to navigate the changing landscape, NYeC’s APC practice transformation services help practices deliver high-quality, coordinated care, earn payment incentives, and prepare to thrive under value-based payment arrangements.
Benefits to Providers
Modeled after national programs such as Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), practices enrolled in the APC program will receive up to two years of free technical assistance and support from NYeC to prepare for value-based payment arrangements.
Technical assistance includes:
- A complete practice needs assessment and evaluation to identify gaps and map out a work plan designed to get practices prepared for value-based care (VBC)
- Free practice transformation services and support in the implementation of new team-based care, care coordination, and care management methodologies and workflows, leading to increased savings, improved outcomes, and patient satisfaction
- Development of a customized curriculum, training, and delivery of skilled coaching and guidance to successfully implement workflow changes and achieve program milestones
- Tracking 2014 PCMH programs to 2017 recognition
NYeC will support practices in Western New York, Westchester, Rockland, New York City, and Long Island.
Space is limited and practices will be supported on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign up today to ensure your spot!
Practices with sites that provide primary care services including internal medicine, family, and pediatrics practices are eligible to participate in Advanced Primary Care. Practices currently receiving federally-funded transformation technical assistance (e.g. TCPI, DSRIP-supported PCMH) are not eligible to participate.
Advanced credit is available for practices who have completed federally-funded transformation (e.g. TCPI, DSRIP-supported PCMH, MU).
Interested in signing up for APC?
Practices interested in participating in APC and receiving free technical assistance from NYeC must complete a self-assessment.
NYeC and our skilled technical assistants throughout New York State will support practices to certify milestone achievements. Documentation is required to demonstrate achievement of each of the three gates.
- Gate 1: Commitment
- Gate 2: Readiness for Care Coordination
- Gate 3: Demonstrated APC Capabilities
Advanced Primary Care (APC) Informational Webinar
Learn more about the APC program basics and the benefits of participating.
SHIN-NY Connections Initiative (SCI)
The New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH), with support from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), has established the SHIN-NY Connections Initiative (SCI) to increase health information exchange (HIE) adoption by APC-enrolled primary care practices across the State and assist them in meeting the APC Achievement Gates.
For questions about APC, email email@example.com.