Created (or last revised): 8/1/2018
New York eHealth Collaborative (“NYeC”) respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
The policy describes the personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide on the websites http://www.nyehealth.org/ and http://www.digitalhealthconference.com/ (individually our "Website" and jointly our “Websites”), and how that information may be used or disclosed by us.
This policy does not apply to information collected on any other company or third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the Websites. This policy does apply to information we collect through any other means and activities.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including:
- Information you provide to us.
- Information we collect as you navigate through the site, including usage details, IP addresses, and cookies.
- Information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners or agents, which may include your name of practice, address, email, medical license number.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registration for a NYeC event, subscribing for services, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you sign up for an event or report a problem with our Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, and Cookies
- Usage Details and IP Addresses. As you navigate through the Websites, we may also collect details of your visits to our Websites, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our vendors. This is statistical data about our users’ equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
We do not collect personally identifiable information automatically, but we may tie this information to your previously submitted personally identifiable information.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our Websites and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
We may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (registration form).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via our Websites to the following third parties:
- Our affiliates and agents.
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of NYeC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Any information you choose to share in public forums—including NYeC’s Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn pages—cannot in any way be kept private. It is advised you think carefully about which information you choose to share in our public forums, as others can access this information and use it for purposes outside of NYeC’s purview.
Choices About How We Use and Disclosure Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Third Parties. If you do not wish us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also always opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- Educational Outreach from NYeC. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used for educational outreach purposes by the NYeC, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also always opt-out of receiving e-mail information from us other than the e-mail informing you of the completion of registration by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you an educational outreach e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
Accessing Your Personal Information
If you have a privacy or security issue concerning the websites, you may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com. You may also send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. in order to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
Sites We Link To
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
If you have a privacy or security issue concerning the websites, you may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
If you make a donation, either online or otherwise, we will request certain personally identifiable information about you (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.). This information enables us to process your donation and communicate with you about it. In addition, we may use such information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, keep you updated about our work, analyze website usage, and improve our website’s content, layout, and services.
We do not sell or rent our mailing list to other organizations that solicit donations or sell any products. However, in order to enhance our solicitation strategies and reduce our fundraising costs, New York eHealth Collaborative exchanges portions of our mailing list with select non-profit organizations. If you prefer not to have your personal information disclosed in this manner, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.