Frequently Asked Questions
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When is the Gala?
The virtual 2021 Gala & Awards is on November 30th from 7:00-8:00pm. Log in beginning at 6:30 to get accustomed to the platform and socialize with colleagues at your table.
What is the platform like?
We’re utilizing a virtual platform specifically designed for galas and similar events that allows attendees to join their colleagues and peers at designated “virtual tables”. At their tables, attendees can interact via live video while viewing the awards program at the same time.
As an attendee, you will be on camera at your virtual table throughout the event. To get an idea of how the platform is structured, please view this three-minute demo HERE.
Will I be on camera?
Yes! Throughout the evening you will be on camera and using your microphone to socialize with friends and colleagues.
What devices can I use?
We recommend accessing the event with a desktop or laptop.
Mobile phones and tablets will not work for the event.
What internet browser should I use?
- If you’re using Windows OS:
- Your browser must be the latest available version of Edge, Firefox, or Chrome.
- We recommend that you turn off all ad blocking software or other browser extensions.
- Closeout of other tabs in the browser and close other resource-heavy applications.
- If you’re using Mac OS:
- Your browser must be the latest available version of Safari, Firefox, or Chrome in Mojave. You must permit the browser to access the webcam.
- We recommend that you turn off all ad blocking software or browser extensions.
Close out of other tabs in the browser as well as other resource-heavy applications.
How do I log in?
- Follow this link: https://nyecgala.virtual-tables.com/
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter your unique PIN code
(pin codes were emailed to registered attendees on Monday, November 29)
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- Click Enter and you will be taken directly to your table
- Click on “Live Support Agent” if you have any issues signing in
Are there any technical recommendations?
- Table guests must turn off VPN or use a browser without VPN
- Table guests must use a laptop or desktop with a camera and mic.
Smart phones or tablets will NOT work for table guests.
- Headphones for table guests are recommended for better sound for guests
Cookies should be enabled.
Can I log in ahead of the event to make sure I have complete access?
Yes! To test your camera and microphone prior to the event, please click here.
What happens once I'm logged in and at my virtual table?
- You will see a short video about accessing your computer’s camera and microphone
- Click “Request permissions”
- Click “Allow access” to camera and microphone (please be sure to close all other apps and tabs on your computer)
If your camera is blocked, you may receive this notification:
Can I see or visit guests at other tables?
No. The event platform does not enable attendees to visit other tables or sit at them.
How do I contact Technical Support?
Live support agent’ is available on the Virtual Tables login page and a tech support button is located in the lower right, available throughout the entire program. Once you hit Tech Support, click “Start Chat” and a live agent will join a chat to help.
How do I adjust the volume?
The event platform has volume controls for your convenience on both the live stream on the left hand side of the screen and on each individual table guest. See screenshot:
To change the volume on a table guest, hover over their video and click the three dots on the upper right-hand side. A volume control will appear.
You may also turn your camera on or off as well as mute and unmute your microphone below the table on the right-hand side. View Screenshots below:
- Microphone and webcam
- You must accept the webcam use as well as the microphone used by the browser. If you refuse, please refresh, and try again, or you may need to use an incognito window to retrigger the prompt.
- On Windows OS, you cannot share the webcam with another application. This includes a Zoom application that may be running in the background.
- Our recommendation is to turn off your VPN when on Virtual Tables and then turn it back on after ﬁnishing the event.
- You may experience diﬃculty connecting to the Tables if behind a restrictive firewall. If your computer is behind a firewall, please see information below regarding adjustments.
- To use Virtual Tables behind your ﬁrewall, a network administrator will need to adjust the ﬁrewall settings. For this to work, port 443 will need to be open to all TCP and UDP traﬃc. These sites will need to be whitelisted including with the *
|Essential Virtual Tables URLs To Whitelist:||*.virtual-tables.com
Need more help?
Contact us at email@example.com