A recent study by ICD MarketScape evaluated 16 vendors and concluded the HIE landscape is shifting from “connecting the ecosystem with exchange data and meaningful incentives,” to transforming data into “actionable information.”
5 keys to HIE include:
- Their role is best known as the “central data collector.”
- The evolution of the value of data called for better standards.
- HIEs hold tremendous value as a data routing service.
- The connectivity layer inherent to HIEs holds incredible benefits.
- The bar is being raised for vendors as the market continues to evolve.
(Source: Healthcare IT News)