Qualified Entities and RHIOs for St. Lawrence County
HealtheConnections™ is the Regional Health Information Organization (RHIO) of Central New York. This community-based organization brings together hospitals and health care providers in the 11 counties of Central New York to increase the efficiency and overall quality of health care in the region.
One of the first steps in acheiving better care is the creation of the HealtheConnections™ Health Information Exchange (HIE). The HIE connects all patient electronic medical information including histories, labs, reports, and diagnostic tests across their regional health care providers. By making this information available to providers, HealtheConnections™ allows them to focus on providing the best possible care — all while creating a more cost-effective delivery system.
- Health Information Exchange: Enabling system interoperability for health information exchange
Hixny empowers modern healthcare by improving the way in which the healthcare community and patients access, analyze, and collaboratively act upon patient-specific information. As a not-for-profit, and recognized national leader in population health management solutions, Hixny promotes operational efficiency, eliminates unnecessary cost, improves patient-outcomes, and advances community wellness. Hixny’s accredited, enterprise-grade services platform is an always-on, comprehensive data, communication, notification, monitoring, and analytics solution; the only automated real-time solution that provides a truly 360˚ view of all 1.6 million patients in New York’s Capital District, Northern Region, and Mohawk Valley network.
With its partners and their patients, Hixny shares the common vision of substantially transforming and improving healthcare.
Learn more at hixny.org.
- Access to the SHIN-NY
- With statewide patient record lookup (sPRL), providers can access a patient’s medical history to include any record from across New York State
- Electronic Consent Management
- Ability to register, track, and store patient consent
- Contribute Data
- Improve collaboration within your organization as well as external entities and improve efficiencies by reducing the need to fulfill record requests.
- Results & Reports Delivery
- Ability to order or request real-time delivery of lab results, radiology reports, and transcribed documents such as discharge summaries as structured data.
- DIRECT Messaging
- Send secure emails, powered by DIRECT, to anyone with a DIRECT email address. This is a secure method to share personal health information.
- Event Notifications
- Participants can subscribe to receive real-time event notifications for patient encounters at regional hospitals, in the form of an alert, for transitions of care such as inpatient and emergency admissions, and discharges
- Additionally, Hixny can push inpatient discharge summaries and ED reports to your organization
- Patient Portal
- One-stop-shop for patients to access their consolidated health records
- Helps to meet federal Meaningful Use requirements for the electronic exchange of patient information
- Proxy User – Ideal for care givers looking to manage someone else’s medical records for better care coordination
- Account Management
- With you every step of the way, Hixny’s Account Managers are here to support you through your journey. We offer monthly reporting to evaluate your organization’s use to ensure you’re getting the most value from your services.
QEs by County
- New York
- St. Lawrence